YAtopia is having an agent pitch contest! Please see the rules below and drop by!!
Okay, here is the post you’ve all been waiting for! (or maybe not, but you should be excited!!).
Super agent Ammi-Joan Paquette has so kindly offered to host a pitch contest – our first, but definitely not last – on YAtopia. And seeing as she’s currently closed to submissions, this is an opportunity you simply CANNOT miss out on.
It’s really quite simple what you have to do. Ready?
1) Be a follower of the blog. Nice and easy.
2) Blog about this contest and include a link with your entry. If you don’t have a blog, you may tweet or make a facebook status. But we prefer blog.
3) Create a TWO SENTENCE pitch. And not a massively long run-on sentence either. Two concise sentences that will hook Joan to your book and have her desperate to read more.
4) Include the opening line of your manuscript.
5) Manuscripts that you submit should be completed. I leave it up to you whether you decide to submit a half finished manuscript. You’ll have to deal with it SHOULD Joan request you send her the full.
6) This contest will be capped at either 150 entries OR will end midnight on the 24th March.
7) Winners to be announced (along with prizes) on 31st March.
8) Only childrens and young adult categories will be accepted. Sorry!
Good luck! Contest is open NOW. Use the form below and I wish you all luck. Oh, and feel free to ask me ANY questions 😀 Entries to be posted in the comments of this post.
2 Sentence Pitch:
Again stop by YAtopia for the chance to enter the pitch contest!